New government incentives from 1st April 2020 - 30th September 2021 mean that for any new apprenticeship roles created there are incentive payments of £3,000.
This is in addition to the £1,000 Government grant available for any business that recruits a new apprentice aged 16-18 years old and those under 25 with an
Education, Health and Care Plan
Plus, new £5,000 incentive for non-levy Staffordshire employers per apprentice hired (max of 3 apprentices).
If your business has a wage bill of less than £3million you are not required to pay the apprenticeship levy. You are required to co-invest by contributing 5% of the total apprenticeship cost. The Government pays the remaining 95%.
If you are a business with less than 50 employees and you’re employing an apprentice aged 16-18, then the apprenticeship training is fully funded by the Government. If you recruit or upskill an existing employee aged 19+ then you co-invest 5%.
The Apprenticeship Service is designed to help employers access new apprenticeship standards, training providers and funding for apprenticeships through an online service account.
It puts employers in control and allows you to access funding for apprenticeship training. It also allows you to choose the type of apprenticeships you want to run, the number of apprenticeships you take on, and the training provider that suits your needs.
Watch our webinar - Guide to using the Apprenticeship Service
Recruiting an apprentice is a great affordable way to bring new talent into your business. If you have less than 50 employees and you are employing an apprentice aged 16-18, this will be 100% funded by the government.
As the world of business slowly eases back towards a situation resembling normality, there has never been a better time for employers across multiple industries to upskill their employees on an individual and collective basis through the use of carefully selected apprenticeships.
Calling - Employers in Cannock Chase, Lichfield, Tamworth and East Staffordshire. Achieve Training can support your business with IT/Digital skills qualifications, through Skills Support for the Workforce - a Serco programme developed to upskill employees within a small and medium-sized business.
The manufacturing industry employs 2.7 million people in the UK. It is an industry that will always have a need for more workers, and it’s also an industry that is becoming more attractive to those who may not want to attend a traditional university.
What is it that makes you stand out amongst your competitors? Is it the products you make and / or sell? Possibly. But rarely does a business offer us something that we can’t get anywhere else. More often than not, the value added that we get comes from the quality of customer service that we receive. As consumers, that’s what keeps us going back for more. As business owners, we know that’s what we need to deliver to our own customers. In an era where competition is fierce, your customer service is your USP.
Inspiring increased staff productivity is one of the biggest responsibilities facing employers as they adapt to the 'new norm' of running a business in the post-coronavirus era. Using Trade Supplier apprenticeships to upskill employee responsibilities and motivation is the ultimate alternative to traditional staff training for companies in a wide range of industries.
Apprenticeships have become increasingly popular across a variety of different industries. More people are choosing to forego traditional collegiate educations in an effort to join the workforce faster. The same goes for the accounting industry.
Read about businesses who are succeeding through apprenticeship recruitment and employee training with Achieve Training.