Hours of work: Hours:
37 hours per week, (8.00am-4.00pm) 30 minute lunch daily. Term Time only.
· To support the Business Support Manager in the completion of whole school general admin.
· To complete Apprenticeship Course alongside administrative duties.
Key Duties & Accountabilities:
· To act as admin support within the Academy and assist with queries from staff and parents/carers.
· To undertake reception duties as 2nd line cover.
· To minute and distribute notes of staff briefings.
· To carry out general administration duties including word processing, excel sreadsheets, photocopying and filing.
· To update student contact details records and other information as directed by the Business Support Manager
· To assist the receptionist with preparation of refreshments for Academy events.
· To assist with the organisation of Academy events.
· To update the Academy room booking system and communication with staff/students.
· Liaise with and support staff with the upkeep of all Academy display boards.
Support the school
· Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young persons.
· Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
· Be aware of, support and ensure equal opportunities for all.
· Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of Haywood Academy / City College and the CLT
· Appreciate and support the role of other professionals
· Attend and participate in relevant meetings as required
· Participate in training/other professional development and performance management as required.
· Assist with staff/parent/student needs throughout the school day.
· Undertaking any other duties which may reasonably be regarded as within the nature of the duties and responsibilities/grade of the post as defined, subject to the proviso that normally any changes of a permanent nature shall be incorporated into the job description in specific terms.
· To participate in induction training, staff review processes and professional development opportunities.
· To comply with any reasonable request from the line manager to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description.
· To undertake professional duties that may be reasonably assigned by the Principal or through delegation of Line Managers.
· It is an Employee’s responsibility to take reasonable care of themselves and others and anybody affected by their undertaking including any act(s) or omissions.
· Support across other Academy departments as required (for example Reception cover)
· To be first aid trained and provide first aid support for the Academy.
· To act as a Fire Warden for the school in the event of a fire.
· Microsoft Office competency
· Customer servicePersonal competencies and qualities
· The ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children and young people.
· The ability to work in a team environment and under pressure.
· Excellent organisational skills.
· A good sense of humour.
· A calm demeanour.
· A perceptive understanding of young people and their needs and expectations.