ABOUT THE APPRENTICESHIP
The post holder will work under the supervision of the Site Manager to ensure that the site is well maintained, safe and secure environment for students, staff and visitors.
- Conduct routine inspections of the buildings, fittings, furniture, premises and grounds to assess for minor work or repairs required, ensuring a high level of customer service to the Trust’s various users.
- Maintain good Health, Safety and Security procedures to ensure compliance with legislation.
- Carry out health and safety checks such as legionella temperature control, fire alarm tests, fire call point testing and similar.
- Carry out tasks assigned to the site team, update the log with individual task progress and input any new tasks requested by staff onto the site log.
- Conduct the locking and unlocking of Trust buildings and those of partner schools as required.
- Assist Site Officers with regular security checks to identify security risks. Monitoring fire safety equipment ordering replacements or refills as required.
- Assist with the monitoring of CCTV equipment where appropriate.
- Under the direction of the Site Manager to undertake appropriate maintenance, painting, decoration
and repairs as required including improvement work.
- Collect and assemble waste for collection.
- Carry out cleaning/litter-picking duties as required.
- Co-ordinate deliveries to the Trust.
- Greet and manage the needs of visitors hiring the Trust’s facilities.
- Set up for exams, training, events and other functions as directed.
- Process orders using the Trust’s ordering system.
- Undertaking any other duties which may reasonably be regarded as within the nature of the duties and responsibilities/grade of the post defined.
- Computer skills
- Be able to manage workload
- Great communication skills
- Flexible and able to contribute to a team approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude
Maths and English GCSE’s (9-4) A-C
ABOUT YOUR EMPLOYER
The City Learning Trust is a family of Academies sharing resources and expertise: united by our values, we place children first in everything we do. We believe in the power of collaboration and cooperation to unlock talent and fulfil potential. We want all children and young people within our Trust to be the best that they can be and are firmly committed to achieving our mission to create a world class education system for the communities we serve.
This position is with Smallthorne Primary Academy and Mill Hill Primary Academy in Tunstall.
ABOUT YOUR TRAINING PROVIDER
Achieve Training, the largest independent training provider in Staffordshire, provide inspirational training and outstanding apprenticeship delivery. An OFSTED 'GOOD' training provider, with over 30 years experience, Achieve Training support over 2,500 people each year to learn new skills, gain qualifications and progress in their careers.