ABOUT THE APPRENTICESHIP
What is a Junior Buyer? A buyer, or purchasing agent, is responsible for purchasing materials, supplies or equipment for a business.
You will be managing product categories and associated supply base ensuring all corporate objectives and targets are met and that all activities comply with legal requirements, product categories and associated supply base meets stock control budgetary requirements, business cash, stock turn and working capital targets.
- Manage allocated supply categories and vendors in line with agreed corporate objectives and targets and that all purchasing activities comply with legal requirements
- Ensure that the allocated category stock holding meets the budgetary requirements, business cash, stock turn and working capital targets
- Analyse and manage personal and team supply markets to determine and ensure that “value for money” is consistently being achieved
- Ensure all supplier negotiations are conducted professionally; deliver business needs and best value;
- Ensure that all supply relationships deliver the commercial requirements on cost, delivery, quality, quantity, lead times and service
- Ensure that personal performance is in line with agreed objectives, KPIs and processes
- Undertake development programmes with critical vendors that deliver continual improvements to FWB
- Provide commercial and negotiating expertise, and maintain close and effective working relationships, with colleagues in FWB
- Supplier visits/audits
- Attend trade show UK
- Assist as otherwise required by the business.
You will need to have an eye for a bargain and be savvy with how to save money. This is a great role if you want a position in an office environment with lots of progression routes.
Hours of work:
8am - 5pm
Monday to Friday
GCSE Grades Level 4 or above including English and Maths
- Ability to use Microsoft office
- Great customer service skills
- Great telephone manner
- Confident getting materials for the best prices
- Great team player
Potential full-time employment after your apprenticeship, subject to employers conditions.
ABOUT YOUR EMPLOYER
FWB are a national trusted industrial engineering supplier of products and tools, looking for an apprentice buyer for their office in stoke.
ABOUT YOUR TRAINING PROVIDER
Achieve Training, the largest independent training provider in Staffordshire, provide inspirational training and outstanding apprenticeship delivery. An OFSTED 'GOOD' training provider, with over 30 years experience, Achieve Training support over 2,500 people each year to learn new skills, gain qualifications and progress in their careers.